We are getting very close with the cockpit after today.
The epoxy work for the aft cockpit drains is nearly finished. After drying overnight we should have just a few little bits to fill with thickened epoxy to make sure that the lower lip if fully sealed (where it tucks under the old grp lip and flange).
With the lip bits are now fixed in place (to both the cockpit floor and to the drain area) and the area around the white skin fitting filled with epoxy so there should be nowhere for water to collect.
As you may be able to see our resin has gone a bit jelly like and so isn’t mixing as smooth as it was (don’t know if this is shelf-life or temperature or what). We are nearly at the end of a big bottle, so as it seems to still set hard we will use it up on areas where the finish isn’t too important (and hopefully ones not critical to safety).
I have managed to get both of the old drains out ready for new TruDesign skin fittings.
If we can’t finish them this holiday we will simply seal them up for the moment.
We also had a big delivery of shiny bits today (sadly FedEx left only parcel 1 of 2 so not everything).
Here is the PSS Pro dripless seal and the refurbished bronze flange it will fit to.
Here is the Aquadrive (thrust bearing and CVT that allows for the motor to be on a different alignment to the propeller shaft).
Then we have our motor mounts.
This evening we had a really nice socially distanced BBQ on the beach with the members of the NWVYC we cheated slightly as we don’t have a BBQ. So we ran a power extension cable from the boat and setup our Induction Hob on our workmate 🙂 It was very effective 🙂 Anyway it was lovely to see people and chat about boat refits (and other topics were permitted).
Hoping dry weather continues so we can get the cockpit watertight.