Today we are filling the gap between the original engine bearers and the new thrust bulkhead that the Aquadrive will be fitted to.
We have got the thrust bulkhead tilted and angled correctly for the propeller shaft to be centered in the stern tube and for the propeller shaft to be at right-angles to the thrust bulkhead.
We have created molds around the area to be filled. Also wood wedges to be embedded in the thickened epoxy (so we use less).
Once the epoxy is set we can remove the mold and then strengthen with fibreglass tape.
The final bulkhead will be twice this thickness, be attached all the way round and have a beam across the top.
good to see you back – I had wondered where you’d gone!
We did try a lot more YouTube, now Mastodon is getting the most action. Plus our book.